Where Healing Waters Flow
Although the water rises from the travertine springs at between 120 and 145 degrees, we maintain our pools between 98 and 108 degrees. The water is a sodium bicarbonate type with significant levels of boron, calcium, lithium and magnesium along with several other beneficial minerals.
Native American elders and spiritual masters from the Crestone area consider this area on the west side of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains as one of the most sacred and energetically active places in North America. It is said that the water here is encoded with the energy of the earth from which it rises. Perhaps then, this water indeed is unique and special among all the hot springs of the state.
The mineral content of Joyful Journey’s therapeutic artesian waters has been known to increase metabolism, accelerate healing, soothe muscles, improve blood circulation, detoxify the body’s lymphatic system as well as fight effects of fatigue, insomnia, arthritis and a depressed immune system.
Joyful Journey is one of the few places on earth with natural hot mineral water that does not have the “sulfur odor” that is often found in many hot mineral springs.
Many people have asked us about the properties of the individual minerals in our water and therefore we compiled the relevant information as provided by the health and nutrition organizations. Below is a summary of our research. WE MAKE NO ASSUMPTION OF HEALING. THE FOLLOWING IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY.
Although an infamous substance, in small amounts it is actually beneficial to human health.
• Treats parasitic diseases.
• Used in treatment of certain types of blood cancer
This mineral is a major essential nutrient for humans and has numerous therapeutic uses.
• Plays a major role in preventing osteoporosis and arthritis.
• Involved in the metabolism of hormones, raising testosterone levels in men and regulates estrogen in women.
• Assists in building and repairing joints.
• Plays a role in brain function and cognitive performance
• Helps prevent tooth decay.
This is a mineral that serves a major structural and physiological role in many metabolic processes.
• Bone and tooth formation.
• Heart rhythm and blood clotting
• Nerve transmission
• Foot/leg cramps
• Menstrual and menopause issues.
• Helps prevent osteoporosis in women, promotes stronger tooth enamel and bones.
This element helps maintain electrolyte balance and PH of body fluids and is essential for the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which aids in protein digestion.
This element is useful in strengthening bones, reducing tooth decay and osteoporosis in women.
• Good for bones, teeth, blood, skin, hair and nails.
Iron is the oxygen-carrying component of the blood.
• Blood, bones skin and teeth,
• Hemoglobin production
• Treats anemia, fatigue and menstrual problems.
Lithium is one of the most powerful sources available for mood disorders. Lithium shows up in water notably in springs and spas where in earlier times people “took the waters” bathing in and drinking the lithium rich water for its soothing effects.
• Active in promoting the formation of new brain cells. (neurogenesis)
• Protects against neurodegenerative diseases including: manic depression and brain injury.
• Known for its calming effects.
This element is essential for life and required for the formation of enzymes that release energy from food.
• Plays major role in metabolism of glucose.
• Strengthens muscles and verves, vital for the nervous system.
• Necessary for proper bone and teeth formation
• Helps protect against cardiovascular disease and lowers high blood pressure.
• Important to neuromuscular transmission
This is a trace element essential for live, called the “brain mineral” due to its’ importance in the utilization of all mental/functions. It is also an important antioxidant.
• Thyroid and metabolism.
• Sex hormone, reproduction and growth.
• Good for allergies, asthma, diabetes, fatigue, osteoporosis
• Enzyme activation.
Nitrogen is a constituent of all living tissues and is an essential element for live, DNA and thus the genetic code.
This element is essential for proper utilization of calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and sodium. In combination with calcium it feeds the verves, aids in hair growth and helps counteract fatigue.
• As well as the above, it is important for regular functioning of the heart and normal kidney functioning.
Potassium is the third most abundant mineral in the body and is an electrolyte, thus it maintains the bodies fluid levels.
• Regulates blood pressure and heart function
• Assists in controlling convulsions, migraines, allergies, alcoholism.
• Promotes faster healing of burns, cuts and bruises.
This is a trace mineral needed for healthy blood cells, organs, prostate, testicles and liver.
Benefits: Slows the aging process of skin and organs, Assists in treatment of strokes, muscular Dystrophy, cancer, immune system and Alzheimers.
This is a trace mineral essential for bone formation and connective tissue. It promotes healthy hair, skin, nails and arteries.
Sodium is an electrolyte that plays a crucial role in maintaining balance of positive and negative ions in body fluids.
• Helps maintain blood pressure levels.
• Vital components of nerves, blood and muscle.
• Plays a role in neuro-electrical transmission of cells.
• Assists in controlling mental apathy.
This is a mineral that helps in digestion of fats and controls the metabolism of carbohydrates.
• Helps to keep skin clear and ejects toxins from body.
• Helps body resist bacteria and protects cells, necessary for synthesis of collagen.
This is an essential mineral found in every cell of the body.
• Enhances thymus and immune system.
• Helps prevent the lesson duration of clods, flu’s and infections.
• Important in brain function and in treatment of schizophrenia.
• Needed for healthy blood, brain, heart and prostate gland, burn and wound healing.
• Used for Alzheimer’s, arthritis, arteriosclerosis, infertility issues.